BBE3302: Econometrics I [45 LH]
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
To equip the learner with principles of econometrics.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course the learner should be able to:-
- Describe various econometric models
- Describe various errors in econometric models and how to correct them.
- Specify an econometric model
- Differentiate correlation from regression
- Inference simple and multiple correlations
- Analyze various variables in econometric models
Introduction to econometrics, regression and projection (Simple linear regression, multiple regression and stepwise regression). Least square estimation. Inference simple and multiple correlations. Errors in variables and distributed lag models and how to correct them. Variables; – linear, non-linear, dummy, discrete and dependent and their transformation.